Sunday, October 4, 2009

Well deserved weekend away...

(Shiny and Ruby the resident chooks.)

Its been a while, I think 12 months since my husband and I have both enjoyed a weekend down at my parents farm. I was so happy to spend some fun time with Nat, Rose and my family.

On the way down we stopped for lunch in Bangalow - fish and chips from a cafe is a guilty Friday afternoon pleasure.

Saturday morning we all took the puppies for a walk on Patches' beach - I can't believe that a 4 year old Chihuahua can out run a 34 year old man (they're both pretty fit - but I think the Chihuahua was holding back a little bit).

Then breakfast at the Eltham Pantry on Boat Harbour Rd, Eltham. I can't help but order Eggs Benedict with Atlantic Salmon, one of my all time favourite breakfast's when eating out.

Saturday afternoon, hanging around on the verandah with the family, then Chinese takeaway for dinner with Mum, Dad, my sisters family and mine was great. A long time over due. Hope to see a lot more of them soon.

What would we do without our families? The kookier the better!


My Mum, the best Mum and Grandma ever!

2 comments:

Cat said...

It sounds like you have had a lovely and relaxing weekend. I love weekends in the country, nice and peaceful.:)

red bamboo said...

Glad you had a great weekend. It's a lovely area down through Bangalow, Byron and (my personal fave) Lennox Heads. Can see where you get your looks from.... Go the short haired girls!!