Thursday, August 27, 2009

The very talented Kim Dawson

"Skirts Like These" created by Kim Dawson






On an outting to Wollongabba to check out a new antique store,
I called into Absolutely Fabulous - 39 Logan Rd Wollongabba,
and met the wonderfully talented Kim Dawson.

Kim immediately caught my attention wearing a most delightful
black swooshy skirt, which started our conversation.

It was here that I learned of Kim Dawson's label "Skirts Like These".

The images above are from Kim's most recent collection.
After chatting with Kim, I learned that the skirts are made in a wrap
around style, so that one size fits all.

Each of Kims handmade skirts are considered wearable art.
Kim believes if a particular creation speaks to you,
size should not come between you and your skirt.

I agree, there is nothing worse than finding the perfect skirt and then
not being able to get it in your size.

I have my eye on a few of Kim's creations, and look forward to
attending her next exhibition of wearable art.

Check out Kim's website at www.skirtslikethese.com
or follow "skirts like these" on facebook.

=

No comments: